The Railway Receiving Yard of Rezekne II Station Project (2001-2006), co-financed by EU Cohesion Fund, provided for the construction of six new receiving and departure tracks as well as the installation of modern systems of communication, power supply, lighting and environmental monitoring in the yard. To ensure the railway yard control the integrated signaling and electric interlocking system was created. The implementation of the Project contributed to the increase of capacity of Rezekne railway station regarding cargo handling and introduction of efficient technology for cargo handling, which in its turn allowed the increase of carrying capacity of the East –West railway corridor.
The Project was implemented by BMGS-Transceltnieks Full Partnership.
Within the frame of the project the following works were carried out:
- Construction of railway tracks (9154 m)
- Installation of turnouts (26 pcs.)
- Construction of subgrade
- Installation of power supply and lighting
- Construction of drainage system
- Installation of yard loudspeaker system
- Installation of telecommunication network and cable canalization
- Construction of office and engineering building
- Construction of heating posts for personnel
- Installation of ground water and air monitoring system
- Installation of purification equipment for wastewater
- Construction of pneumatic tube system (2500 m)
Customer: Latvian Railways SJSC