Construction of the Second Main Track in Skriveri – Krustpils Section Project (2008-2014), co-financed by EU Cohesion Fund, for the time being, is the top project of railway infrastructure reconstruction since Latvia regained independence. The Project provided for the construction of the second main track in Riga – Krustpils railway section for the increase of carrying capacity of East – West corridor and the reduction of train traffic delays.
Within the range of the Project the following works were performed:
- Construction of new railway tracks (61 446 m)
- Installation of turnouts (63 pcs.)
- Installation of electric point heating and electric point machines
- Construction of subgrade
- Installation of drainage equipment
- Electrification of Skriveri station and Aizkraukle station
- Reconstruction of level crossing
- Construction of cable canalization
- Relocation of communication network from construction area
Customers: Skonto Būve Ltd., BMGS JSC, Fima Ltd.