Construction of the Second Main Track in Skriveri – Krustpils Section Project (2008-2014), co-financed by EU Cohesion Fund, for the time being, is the top project of railway infrastructure reconstruction since restoration of Latvia independence. The Project provided for the construction of the new second main track in Riga – Krustpils railway section for the increase of carrying capacity of East – West railway corridor and the reduction of train traffic delays.
Within the range of the Project the following works were performed:
- Construction of new railway tracks (61 446 m)
- Installation of turnouts (63 pcs.)
- Installation of electric point heating and electric point machines
- Construction of subgrade
- Installation of drainage equipment
- Reconstruction of overhead line at Skriveri and Aizkraukle stations
- Reconstruction of level crossings
- Construction of cable canalization
- Relocation of communication network from construction area
- Laying of power supply and telecommunications cable networks
- Laying of railway signaling cables and installation of outdoor equipment
- Construction of passenger platforms, 550 mm height
Customers: Skonto Būve Ltd., BMGS JSC, A.C.B. JSC, Fima Ltd.