The Railway Construction for Bulk Cargo Transshipment Terminal in Ventspils Free Port Project (2009-2013), co-financed by EU Cohesion Fund, provided for the construction of a new terminal for bulk cargo transshipment with berths and loading area in Ventspils Port, as well as the reconstruction of the existing and construction of new railway tracks to increase the volumes of reloaded timber and to ensure their loading from wagons directly on board the vessel.
Within the range of the Project the following works were performed:
- Dismantling and construction of railway tracks (1909 m)
- Installation of turnouts (4 pcs.)
- Construction of drainage system
- Laying of railway signaling cables
- Equipping of turnouts with electric point machines
Customer: BMGS JSC