The Reconstruction of Access Roads to Liepaja Port Project (2006-2010), co-financed by EU Cohesion Fund, provided for the development of the port transport infrastructure and consisted of three stages - construction of new railway section, that is, railway Northern yard and connecting track with Western yard; reconstruction of Karosta bridge; and construction of new port access road. The implementation of the Project contributed to the increase of cargo carrying capacity of the port railway infrastructure and the improvement of efficiency of motor traffic in the port.
The first stage was carried out by BMGS-Transceltnieks Full Partnership.
Within the frame of the project the following works were carried out:
- Construction of railway tracks (4719 m)
- Installation of turnouts (8 pcs.)
- Construction of subgrade
- Installation of power supply and lighting
- Construction of drainage system
- Installation of level crossings (4 pcs.)
- Laying of cable for railway signaling
- Construction of level crossing - attendant building
- Construction of external water supply and sewerage systems
- Installation of noise-attenuating fence
- Construction of roads
Customer: Authority of the Liepaja Special Economic Zone